MD Periodontics Offers Invisalign for Easy Teeth Straightening
If you’re unhappy with your crooked teeth but have been reluctant to have a mouthful of uncomfortable hardware, we hear you. At MD Periodontics in Beverly Hills, we see many patients who work in jobs with high visibility such as entertainment, sports, and journalism.
That is why we’ve treated so many patients with Invisalign® clear braces, to give them the opportunity to discreetly achieve a smile that they can be confident in while allowing them to continue their normal activities. This system is perfect for busy adults who have social events and career-building activities to attend, or for teens who are sensitive about their appearance.
There is no awkwardness when wearing Invisalign clear braces because the trays fit snugly over your teeth and are barely visible to others. And, because they can be easily taken off, they can be temporarily removed for special occasions. Invisalign has become very popular with adults and teenagers who don’t want people to see metal brackets every time they talk and smile, and who are concerned about the discomfort and maintenance involved with wearing metal braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment method that uses a series of clear aligner trays made of BPA-free plastic to gradually adjust your teeth. The Invisalign system is designed to gently move your teeth into the correct position by periodically changing out the trays as the alignment progresses.
Invisalign can be used to correct:
- Crooked overcrowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Simple bite irregularities
- Relapses after traditional braces have been removed
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign aligners are braces, not retainers, because they actively move your teeth to shape your mouth and jaw. Retainers just hold your teeth in place.
This system involves fabricating a set of custom-made trays using imaging studies and impressions of your teeth to create an exact 3-D computer model of your bite. This model is used to project how your teeth can move with the help of aligners in order to design successive trays that will be used as you advance through your treatment.
Your particular needs will determine how many aligners you will require throughout your treatment, but typically a set of 20 to 30 aligners are needed for both the upper and lower teeth.
Your dentist will want to see you every four to six weeks during your Invisalign treatment to make sure that you’re progressing and to give you a new set of aligner trays. During these follow-up visits, you will be provided with a few sets of aligner trays at a time, and you’ll wear each aligner for about two weeks.
What are the advantages of Invisalign treatment versus traditional braces?
- Quick results – You can usually achieve your desired smile faster with Invisalign. On average, our patients achieve their desired smile in 12 months.
- More comfortable – The truth is that shifting your teeth can be an uncomfortable process. With Invisalign, patients experience much less pain than with metal braces or other plastic orthodontic systems because the shift occurs gradually. There may be some soreness when a new set is first used as your teeth adjust to the new trays, but that goes away quickly. What’s more, because the trays are custom-fitted, they fit snuggly, so you don’t have to worry about slippage. Lastly, the plastic material causes very little, if any, irritation and doesn’t pinch or poke the insides of your mouth like metal brace wires.
- Convenient – Invisalign braces are easy to remove for sports, meals, and oral hygiene. You will follow up every four to six weeks to check your progress and get your new sets of aligners. Traditional braces usually require several extra visits after they’re fitted for the dentist to make adjustments.
- Easy maintenance – Let’s face it: trying to clean your teeth and gums properly while working around metal braces can be challenging and this can compromise your oral health. With Invisalign, oral hygiene is easy. You must take your aligner trays off to eat, so you don’t have to worry about getting food stuck in your teeth like you do with metal braces, which can lead to issues such as cavities, stained teeth, and bad breath.
You simply brush and floss your teeth and lightly brush your aligner trays with warm water after every meal and pop them back on. That simple.
- Discreet – Others may not notice that you’re wearing Invisalign braces because they’re made of a thin crystal-clear plastic material. You can go about your life feeling confident while you’re undergoing treatment.
- Eat what you want – Metal braces wearers are told to avoid all kinds of food that can get stuck in their braces, causing not only embarrassment but also possible damage to the braces. Not so with Invisalign, because you remove your trays to eat, letting you eat whatever you like!
How long do I have to wear Invisalign braces?
As you might imagine, the duration of your treatment depends on how much straightening out your teeth require, but most adult teeth are corrected in less than a year. Teenagers tend to need a little longer, usually 12 to 16 months.
For many people, results will begin to be visible in a few months. Some of our patients have transformed their smile in as little as six months!
Another important factor affecting how long you will need to undergo Invisalign treatment is how faithfully you follow the treatment plan. Best results are obtained by wearing the trays for 22 hours a day, removing them only for eating, drinking, then brushing and flossing your teeth, and cleaning the trays. That said, you can remove them for a special event or important meeting, but consistent wear is essential for good results.
Does Invisalign give the same results as metal braces?
In most cases, yes! Just check out the smiles in these before and after pictures:
How much does Invisalign cost?
For many people, choosing braces comes down to cost. Most patients want to know how the cost of Invisalign treatment compares to regular metal braces. The truth is that the price of Invisalign braces is usually a bit higher than regular braces. The average cost of Invisalign can range between $3500 and $8000 as compared to regular braces that can go from $2500 to $6000.
The reason we are citing price ranges is that several factors come into play when determining the cost of Invisalign braces, such as how much re-alignment your teeth need and how many aligner trays you will need throughout your treatment. As such, treatment costs will vary on a case-by-case basis. That said, many patients are happy to pay a little more for the discretion, convenience, and hygiene advantages that Invisalign offers.
The good news is that most insurance plans cover Invisalign just as they do regular braces. Even so, it’s a good idea to first check with your insurance company to determine the extent of coverage they provide. Many patients cover whatever their insurance doesn’t using their FSA and HSA accounts. If cost is a big concern for you, talk to our billing coordinator about payment options using Care Credit that offers flexible monthly payments spread out over time.
If you live in greater Los Angeles and are eager to have a beautiful smile without having to endure metal braces, come visit our premier periodontists at MD Periodontics’ state-of-the-art facility for Invisalign in Beverly Hills.
Why is MD Perio the best Invisalign dentist Beverly Hills?
With over 20 years of experience, the dental care providers at MD Perio are uniquely qualified to perform a full range of cosmetic dental procedures. Our warm and personable doctors will assess your smile and have a frank conversation with you about how best to go about achieving a beautiful healthy smile that will have you grinning in no time!
If you are unhappy with your smile and would like to explore the available options for acquiring the beautiful smile you desire, give us a call at (855) 245-1100 or click here.
At MD Periodontics, we take our patients’ safety seriously. Our facility’s Covid-19 patient safety procedures exceed all CDC recommendations. Masks are required in our institutes at all times.
We are conveniently located to patients throughout Southern California and the Los Angeles area. Our Beverly Hills office is conveniently located near West Los Angeles, Culver City, West Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, Marina del Rey, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Sherman Oaks, and Encino.